We collect personal information from you, including information about your:
- contact email address
- hapū and/or iwi affiliations
- types of roles that you are involved in research, science and innovation-related mahi
- topics of interest to you in research, science and innovation spaces
- groups and organisations that you work with (paid and unpaid)
- length of time you have been involved in research, science and innovation-related mahi
- engagements with research, science and innovation institutions (if any)
- interactions with us
We collect your personal information in order to:
- understand Māori aspirations, needs and challenges faced by traditional knowledge holders and practitioners, Māori researchers, Māori scientists and Māori innovators
- use aggregated information to develop a heatmap that illustrates a te ao Māori view of where and what Māori are doing in their research, science and innovation-related mahi
- use these insights to develop a 3-year Kanapu workforce development programme for Māori
We keep your personal information stored securely in Aotearoa, New Zealand and adhere to the Māori data sovereignty principles developed by Te Mana Raraunga.
We will keep your information for the lifetime of the Kanapu programme at which point we securely destroy it by deleting data databases including backed-up copies of data.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at email@example.com, or (07) 837 9878, or Pouhere Kanapu| Executive Director Kanapu, University of Waikato, Private Bag 3105, Hamilton 3240, New Zealand.